HSU Grad Student Landon Ehlers Passed Away

HSU graduate student Landon Ehlers passed away yesterday (March 18).  He was a third-years student in our Physical Therapy program.  He recently graduated from ACU where he was an athlete in track.  He grew up in Slaton, TX.

I met with colleagues and students this morning in the Physical Therapy department and we had prayer together.  I plan on leading our campus in prayer this morning in chapel as well.

This sudden news has been quite traumatic for everyone in the Physical Therapy department.  Please be in prayer for them, as well as for Landon’s parents, Trina and Gordon, his sister April, and his close friend Adriana Vega.

I will post details as they become available.

Feel free to leave comments here for family, friends, and colleagues in the PT school.

12 thoughts on “HSU Grad Student Landon Ehlers Passed Away

1. Landon was a sweet and wonderful young man. He will be greatly missed. Praying for family and friends. Tracie Nicholas (HSU Business Office)

2. I am saddened to hear this and my heart breaks for the family, friends, colleagues.
    I pray Father that you comfort everyone during this time, only you can come and heal those hurts. I ask for your covering over the family, especially mom and dad right now, let your grace be so very evident during this time. I ask this in your name.

3. I am heartbroken for those who feel this loss in such a personal way – family, friends, PT faculty, HSU family. May His provision of mercy, grace, comfort, and peace be alive and effective for all who are hurting.

4. I am heartsick for the Ehlers family, Adriana and the HSU PT Family. I remember how hard Landon worked to get into PT school and how much he wanted it. I remember him talking to me about going to see his sister play basketball and how proud his parents were of him. He was a wonderfully polite and gentle young man. My thoughts and prayers are with all effected.

5. My thoughts and prayers are with Landon’s family, friends, classmates, and the PT faculty. May God hold you in the palm of His hand and comfort you.

6. Landon visited me just a few weeks ago with anticipation of upcoming clinicals and his progress in PT school. So sad to hear this and grateful for the dear student who let me know. Praying.

7. Landon was an undergraduate of mine and visited me just a few weeks ago. He was excited about his progress in PT school, the research presentations and upcoming clinicals. I am grateful for the dear student who let me know about Landon’s passing. Praying.

8. I didn’t know him personably, but from high school Landon was such a sweet person, and always happy, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family in their time of need. Such a tragedy with the loss of Landon. He will be missed greatly.

9. I am Danielle Day’s mother. I met Landon this semester while taking care of my granddaughter so that Danielle could finish her PT classes. Danielle was in his research group. My heart goes out to Landon’s family and friends and I am praying for all those close to him. He impressed me as being such a nice young man–friendly, conscientious and diligent. I went to his Facebook and was comforted because he loved the Lord.

1. I have been thinking of the whole PT Dept. and lifting you all up in prayer since I heard about Landon’s passing yesterday. I have been impressed with the closeness of your department- faculty, staff and students, and I know you are all hurting deeply. May you and Landon’s family and friends feel the Lord’s arms around you.